Saturday, October 01, 2005

PHOTOS

Before I impress you with more stories, FINALLY I have some photos for you to enjoy (or otherwise)










Day 1. Römerberg in Frankfurt. There was an apple cider fest on












Day 2. ME at THE RING...that little Renault and I, we went through a lot together.

Day 3. St. Goar on the Rhine, almost as cute as Bacharach, where we stayed. When you´ve seen one 1000-year old German river village, you´ve seen ém all

Day 4. Wonderful Heidelberg

Day 5. Sinsheim museum in Baden-Wurttemburg. LOTS of big boy toys, including this one, which I first saw almost 20 years ago to the day




BUT the car I REALLY came to see...a TRABANT. It has taken me almost as long to SEE one of these as it took East Germans to acquire them. Now we know why Erich Hönacker eventually gave up on communism. He wanted a new car

Day 6.Sharon and Susanne Lagler went off looking at palaces, while I spent the day looking at...

Sharon just didn´t know what she was missing...

Day 7: Stuttgart. And one week of perfect weather.


Day 8: Freiburg in Schwarzwald. This is the Münster, a monstrous cathedral, with one-way spiral staircase up to the spire. No kidding, if someone is coming down, you have to reverse. I estimate it is approximately 20 stories. Most fascinating feature, builder´s chisseled graffiti from as early as 16th century.

Freiburg. Waiting for bratwurst


Day 9. Schwarzwald. Rowing Lake Titisee


Days 9 and 10; Meersburg on Lake Constance. Yes there is a castle in there . Two, actually.

Beautiful frescos inside a church on Mainau Island, Lake Constance